USA: Walmart’s Cyber Monday plans should have Amazon terrified
Walmart is kicking off its Cyber Monday deals three days early, on Black Friday.
After launching Black Friday discounts online on Thanksgiving, the retailer will release a fresh batch of online deals at 12:01 a.m. ET on Friday, November 25.
Instead of referring to the second event as Cyber Monday, Walmart is calling it “cyber week,” since the deals will be available for a week starting Friday. (Walmart will also launch yet another round of deals on Cyber Monday.)
The retailer is launching cyber week deals earlier to showcase its newly expanded online offering.
The company has nearly tripled its online assortment, from 8 million products last year to 23 million products, in an effort to catch up to Amazon, which carries more than 353 million products — 12 million directly and the rest from marketplace sellers, according to 360pi.
As a result,now carries many items that shoppers wouldn’t be able to find in a Walmart store, including products from brands like Michael Kors, Ray-Ban, and UGG.
To prevent customers from getting overwhelmed by all the new products, Walmart made improvements to its “recommendation engine,” which so far has led to a 20% increase in customer engagement with items the website recommends.
It has also built a new software called Electrode that helps its web pages load 33% faster, according to Walmart.
Here are some of the cyber week deals that shoppers will be able to take advantage of starting Friday:
- Samsung 60″ 1080p HD Smart LED TV for $579 with $80 Walmart Gift Card ($1,120 savings)
- Google Home for $99 ($30 savings)
- Promark P70 VR Drone for $99 ($50 savings)
- Quadrone Hybrid Drone for $99 ($30 savings)
- Fujifilm Instax Mini 7S Instant Camera (includes Mini Film 10pk) for $49 – Walmart exclusive bundle
- Black + Decker Robotic Vacuum for $196 ($103 savings) – Walmart exclusive
- bObsweep bObi Pet Robotic Vacuum Cleaner for $249 ($83 savings)
- Polaroid Cube+ Action Camera with WiFi for $109.99
- 6V Spider-Man Speed Coupe for $79 ($70 savings)
- 6V Trolls Speed Coupe for $79 ($70 savings)
- Ozark Trail 28-Piece Premium Camping Combo Set for $149 ($50 savings)
- 55″ My First Trampoline with Lightpad and Enclosure for $59 ($10 savings)
- Lifetime 44″ Portable Adjustable Basketball System for $89 ($30 savings)
- Gold’s Gym AbFirm Pro for $49 (savings of $30)
- Ozark Trail 30-Ounce Double-Wall, Vacuum-Sealed Tumbler for $9.74
- Boots for the family starting at $14.88
- Activewear for the family starting at $5
- Denim for the family starting at $10
Cyber Monday Deals starting Monday, Nov. 28 at 12:01 a.m. EST
- Samsung HDTVs over 50 percent off MSRP
- Samsung 65″ 4K Ultra HD LED Smart TV for $999 ($1,200 savings)
- VIZIO 50″ 4K Ultra HD SmartCast Smart LED TV for $379.99 ($148 savings)
- Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming Edition Laptop PC for $999.99 ($300 savings)
- Call of Duty Dragonfly Drone with Camera for $89 ($10.99 savings)
- Drones from DJI, Parrot, Autel, Yuneed and more starting at $199
- Nerf N-Strike MEGA Mastodon Blaster with Free Blaster for $51 ($28 savings)
- Sunglasses from Prada starting at $99.99, with other savings on brands like Ray-Ban, Gucci, Miu Miu, Cartier and more on Marketplace
- Watches from Michael Kors starting at $99.99, with other savings on brands like Omega, Movado and more on Marketplace
- Handbags from Rebecca Minkoff starting at $71, with other savings on brands like Michael Kors, Kate Spade, Fossil and more on Marketplace
- Boots from brands like Frye and UGG starting at $135 on Marketplace
- Outerwear for the family starting at $9
- Diamond jewelry savings up to $3,000
Source: Business Insider
I wouldn't say I'm addicted, but I'm definitely not a casual online shopper. Thanks to years
Amazon is gaining ground in the battle over clothing, according to new research by Morgan
“3, 2, 1… GO!” ¡Y a correr por la sección de cereales buscando estrellas de
En el último tiempo la moda nos ha presentado piezas extrañas que nos han sorprendido.
Wrriten by Laura Davis-Taylor Walmart has continued to surprise the industry with its aggressive innovation efforts